Buyer beware hurricane cargo inc fraud !!!!!

18 of 18 Hurricane Cargo reviews

buyer beware of hurricane cargo inc , Benji Giddens , Michael Gatewood , mikegatewood1@gmail.com , michael.gatewood@hurricanecargo.com , www.hurricanecargo.com , Kevin Pitts , www.enclosedtrailersforless.com and any other name they use.

read on them also at the www.BBB.org - they get F rating and 17 complaints.

these guys are a fraud!!! they built themselves a great reputation on ebay by selling item for small prices ( $5, $20, ...) and then advertise enclosed trailers for sell. they take from u the deposit price of $500 or more, drag u for 30 days with delays and excuses and then it's too late to get your money back from ebay Purchase Protection. they are artists in letting you believe that they are actually building your trailer and they will even send you pictures of a trailer in progress.

i ordered from them a trailer in 01/09/12 and paid them a deposit of $1,200. they told me in the beginning it will be ready within a week, then said it will be ready in 01/30, then 02/08, then 02/16, then 02/20. today is 02/16 and i stopped to believe to their B.S. after i purchased a flight ticket to go see the trailer and told them about that- they told me to cancel it because the trailer is not ready- they didn't want to get busted...

they don't have customer service, they barely answer to their calls(i called over than 80 times and got a hold of them maybe 6 times and they sound so reliable when you speak with them), they barely answers emails, and they never call back. they do just what needed to make you believe they are very busy and working on your trailer. they don't.

save your money, there are other companies that build trailers- don't fall for their cheap prices.

Benji Giddens represent himself as a sales person- he is %50 the owner with Michael Gatewood. these people are a fraud.

this is the website and address of their company until there their next fraud:

www.hurricanecargo.com

209 Glenn Bass Rd, Fitzgerald, GA 31750

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 102 Yes 102
18 of 18 Hurricane Cargo reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 15, 2014 #916224 Oakdale, California, United States

If you are attempting to contact these *** bags and have already made your deposit or have a warranty issue you must call them using a different phone number and area code... But even then your gonna need a whole lot of luck getting anything out of them other then B/S....

4 0 Reply
loyal employee 2

Dec 15, 2014 #916193

I work at husky cargo as a welder and I believe that we are building a superior trailer than most companies. Mike has been very good to all of his employees and his quality team are very detailed oriented and strict,if you have a problem then maybe its 86you who's too picky!!!!

7 7 Reply
336trans

Jan 15, 2015 #931503 Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States

I too ALMOST bought an enclosed trailer from the Hurricane side of this company. They went so far as to send me the purchase order with all the options I wanted and a price break down. Told me it would take 8-10 weeks to complete my 52' trailer with bells and whistles. It took me a few days selecting my optional colors to match my tractor. Was going to send $ and options list back at the same time. In the next 3-4 days I saw 3 of these Hurricane and Compass trailers. And OMG! I HURRIED UP and canceled my request for a trailer. They were falling apart! The rear door on 2 were rubbing as they went up. Therefore, this means that it's no longer "square" correct? All 3 had walls coming apart on the outside. In the back by the wheels and up by the neck. 2 of these trailers were about a year old and the 3rd was 6mos old. Buddy, you might do a great job at what you do. But, those around you have been coming up short. Buying me a Pace American trailer instead.

1 0 Reply

Jan 15, 2015 #931672 Oakdale, California, United States

Well that is only partly true. My trailer has some good qualities to it, that is true. But the good qualities are no better than what any other trailer mfg would produce. period.
The design is nice that is for sure but plan and simply put; the work severally lack quality in areas and according to what other are saying those area's vary, which tell me there is no Quality Control. As far as your beloved boss he is a flat out fabricator, I have his pictures that prove that. Pictures that you or one of your co workers took of my trailer that show all the defects and PROVE all the defects I stated on all five of my unanswered warranty claim existed prior to the trailer leaving the Hurricane mfg facility; which your boss stated did not.
I also have his correspondences were he stated "HIS 3M people" (which surprised me, I did not know 3M corporation or their employees worked for him) never-the-less "his 3m people said" there was nothing wrong with the work and it looked normal and that the pictures of the separating skin showed or proved nothing.
Funny thing, I contacted 3m corporation (tech division for the brand tape your boss stated he uses) and sent them the same exact pictures I sent your boss. They were able to I.D. 5 causes for what they were seeing. Who is lying your Boss and "his 3M people" or 3M who has nothing to gain?
PS
3M may be interested in knowing who the 3M employees are that are moonlighting for your boss. Then there is the warranty your boss
... Show more

Jun 20, 2015 #997426 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

HAHAHA What a JOKE! I bet this is Mike Himself! So you now pulled the SAME scam you did in Georgia! Keep blaming it on your imaginary friend - prepare to go to jail!

gino ratiu

Jun 24, 2015 #998841 Chicago, Illinois, United States

I BOUGHT A TRAILER FROM HUSKY AND I SEEN THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE WELDING . MY BACK DOOR FELL OF AFTER A MONTH OF NORMAL USE. ALSO THE SIDE OT THE TRAILER FALL OFF.
IF ANYBODY WANTS TO SEE THE VIDEO OR PICTURES PLEASE CONTACT ME @ GREATUSA2012@GMAIL.COM

Dec 06, 2014 #912043 Allen, Texas, United States

I ordered a trailer from them back in October of 2010 with absolutely no issues at all. So they are legitimate business or at least they were at that time. This is good to see though because I was getting ready to order another trailer in the next few months.

Classic Car Guy

Oct 12, 2014 #883618 New York, New York, United States

I bought a 24' enclosed with am escape door that was built incorrectly and sagging almost unable to open it!! The trailer and owners are garbage. They take your deposit and refuse to send you pics of the progress and made me go to Ga from NY only to realize the trailer is garbage. My fault, get what you pay for is so correct!!!
Beware and stay away!!!!!!

1 1 Reply
Uncle Buck

Aug 08, 2014 #853526

I didn't have quite as much trouble as most of you, but I wish I would have researched them before I bought. Ordered from Ebay and picked up without a problem, but after I ordered I researched them and was expecting trouble. Drove from Pennsylvania to pick up. Their customer service is terrible. I picked the trailer up and towed to PA without a problem. After I used the trailer once, the whole trailer bent. I don't believe I had it overloaded, but it is possible. The side panels are now wavy and the axles are bent. I blame it on the Z metal floor construction. Should have bought a trailer with square tube floor supports. Live and learn.

Jun 06, 2014 #824686

Yes, you did post about the wrong company. Look above ***, you posted under Hurricane Cargo!

Jun 03, 2014 #823172 Mobile, Alabama, United States

Anyone out there that has had any dealings with Benji Giddens giving him a deposit for a trailer that you never received nor ever getting your deposit back...you need to contact Detective James Tilley with the Fitzgerald Police Dept. By email at www.detfpd223@yahoo.com
Hope this helps anyone out there that he has stolen from

7 5 Reply

May 30, 2014 #822164

benji has his own company, unit trailer. he has nothing to do with any other company. look it up in corporate records. do you homework before slamming the wrong company

big buck

Jun 01, 2014 #822490

All this that someone on here just wrote saying benji doesn't have anything to do with these other as nose may be true but all he did is start up under a different name same set of rules talk a good line b.s. take your deposit of 1000.00 dollars or more and then never return your phone call then the chase is on you call and call leave text messages send emails but all you get is straight to voicemail but its always full of people like me trying to get their deposit back but no success. I hope he saved all the money he benji giddens scammed people out of to hire a good lawyer to keep from going to prison. Good luck with BIG BUCK BEN. Hope you brought the Vaseline ben you suck you p o ***

Jun 03, 2014 #823175 Mobile, Alabama, United States

I am not slamming the wrong company!!! I am warning as many ppl as I can about Ben Giddens and Unit Trailers LLC
He is a scam artist that's going to be in a lot of trouble! He is gonna wish he had never taken MY money.....Maybe you should do your homework perhaps you can get my money back for me!!

3 0 Reply
benji

May 14, 2014 #815414 Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States

we just discovered something all these people on here complaining about how their trailers are breaking down on the side of the road doors won't shut can't get a title the reason you can't get a title or because these trailers or rebuild and there are no titles

infuriated

May 14, 2014 #815034

Buyer beware the company is now called unit trailer llc the owner is benji giddens lives in fitzgerald ga.I ordered a trailer 6x12 base trailer told it would be ready in 2 to 3 weeks were going on 9 weeks paid 1000.00 dollar deposit and never no trailer once they got my deposit they would no longer answer the phone. Straight to voicemail full can't leave a message I messaged him on his fs c've book page explaining all the bad things I've been put thru he finally responds back but thru a text threatening me with his make belief lawyer schemes although they have stole enough money from people they probably could afford good lawyers

Foamhomemark

May 13, 2014 #814976

I purchased a 8.5'x16'trailer from Hurricane Cargo Sept. 2011 and to date have been very happy with my trailer. This trailer is used hard every day to transport my Spray foam insulation equipment to customers homes. Never a problem. Hurricane had Fair-Good communication. Said trailer would be ready in three weeks. Drove from Pennsylvania and picked-up. NO Problem. I would buy from them again. Mark D. Bradford, Pa

2 2 Reply
Phil B

Mar 26, 2014 #799018

I bought one from them and the build went well and on time In fact the day after buying it i had a accident and tore 2 panels on the right side of a 26 foot enclosed car trailer I had them custom build.Traveled back to there shop and arrived on a Saturday morning and the crew of 5 was waiting on me. They replace all damage panel including wheel well metal and charge was just a tad over 200.00 dollars....Boy what a deal..Now on trip to New Mexico I experienced a electrical short which took out a 120.. dollar brake control shorted out all the lights on the trailer and caused my electric brakes to apply going down the highway.When contacted they told me to get repaired and send them the bill and they would decide what part they would pay for.. Well *** I spent 6 hours tracing down light shorts where they had drilled holes to install the sum 36 LED lites . In part the problem I had to solve.They could have put grouments around the holes to keep wires from cutting into the metal holes.The other part I did not like was when they put the sheet metal to the sides they left open holes between the skin and the frame walls. Good dust storm came and dirt all in the trailer..would I buy from them again slight maybe but I would shop around first.You get what you pay for.I later found out that if a name brand trailer manufacture had build this trailer it would have been much better built and a nation wide warranty to back it up .So you get what you pay for..Rating on trailer build 1 to... Show more

1 0 Reply
no vaseline

Feb 10, 2014 #783960

BE CAREFUL. I MEANT BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE EVEN CONSIDERING TO BUY THIS COMPANIES PRODUCT. I ALMOST KILL MY SELF. EVERY SHACKLE BROKE DOWN, ROOF FLEW A WAY, AXLES SHIFT, GOOSNECK TILT UPWARD, SKELETON OF THE TRAILER SHIFT, I REPLACE TIRES EVERY 400 MILE, BUILD BY DRUG ADDICTS, HOW DO I KNOW ITS ON VIDEO. WORKERS ADMIT THAT WELDER IS-WAS A DRUG ADDICT. JAMES IS A EX-CROOK. MICHEAL GATEWOOD, KEVIN PITTS ARE THE OWNERS. THEY DONT LIKE USING VASELINE. WORST ESTABLISHMENT IN GREAT STATE OF GEORGIA. THEY USE MANY NAMES. LIKE HURRICANE CARGO, NOW HUSKY CARG, THEY USE EBAY TO REACH PEOPLE, LIKE enclosedtrailersforless.com , trailershopper.com and many many more. BUT FACTORY IS AT THE FITZGERALD, GA. DONT BE THE NEXT VICTIM. I LOST $15000. LET MY LOST BE YOUR GAIN. MY TRAILER IS ON THE SCRAPYARD NOW.

no vaseline

Feb 10, 2014 #783965

by the way my trailer built on April, 2013. I am suppose to receive the trailer January 30, 2013 and went to scrapyard August 2013. During that time Hurricane cargo become a Husky Cargo. Same people, same location, same owners, same a...holes. :) I am admitting this. How *** that makes me? I hit my head to the walls everyday. I hope GOD drops big rock on that company with all the crooks inside.

1-20 of 94 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hurricane Cargo. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hurricane Cargo.
Filing a new complaint about
×